Sunday, March 31, 2019

Review Week 10


 Review 


India Video. Here's a video about the connection between the Ramayana and the festival of Diwali: Rama and Sita Defeat Ravana.


I was excited to learn more about Diwali and to see the linkage to the Ramayana. I've always wanted to celebrate Diwali in India and just experience the festival. My roommate is the president of ISA (Indian Student Association). This organization has hosted Diwlai events on campus. I always attend and it's what's holding me off until I can go to India and celebrate
Diwali is still celebrated in honor of Sita and Rama returning back to Ayodhya. I wasn't sure why it was celebrated. I just thought it was a festival of light. It's nice to be able to connect Diwali to it's deeper meaning. 



Here is the image that I found that I liked the most. I like it because it is something I needed to hear. Personally I struggle with being empathetic sometimes and it takes a toll on my relationships. I've recently had a conversation that I promised to work on being empathetic and be more open minded so that I can understand the other person. This was a good way to remind myself of that. 

"Empathy". SourceFlickr

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shen,

    I did not know about the connection between Ramayana and Diwali. It is cool that the Indian Student Association hosts Diwali events. I should go one day! I like the empathy quote you found by Alfred Adler. I think everyone should try to be empathic. Being able to understand people can help you connect with people better. I am glad you found this quote.

    Your classmate,
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete